Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hospital Trip One.

Okay, about a little update :)
I've been MIA for a while and I wish that I had a better excuse!  Being sick for so long put me a little behind on lots of to-do items.  So, I've been spending my free time trying to get caught up.

Well, that is until last Tuesday.
I wanted to blog about this so I can remember all this down the road!  All the details are starting to run together and it's not even been a week!

I started having contractions Friday before last but didn't really get too worked up because I had heard about so many people having Braxton Hicks contractions throughout their pregnancy.

Jordan and I went with Heather, Christopher and Baby Hamilton out of town for Labor Day weekend.  While we were there, I continued having contractions.  I didn't really get too worried about anything until Sunday night when they seemed more frequent.  But then, on Monday, they calmed down again.

On Tuesday, at work, they started up again and seemed more regular.  I started timing them and they were every 25-30 minutes.  

When I left work Tuesday afternoon, I called my OB office just to make sure I didn't need to be doing anything.  The triage nurse suggested that I head to the hospital if I had more than four in the next hour.  Well, I was on my way to my dentist office for my six month check up so I went on to the dentist - and explained that I would probably need a quick cleaning - but they sent me on my way.  They quickly offered to reschedule my appointment :) 

So, I went and picked up Jordan and we ended up here:

They sent me straight up to the Labor and Delivery floor and started monitoring the babies' heartbeats and my contractions.  

Which, of course, we had to document for the blog :)

There are three different strips on me in this picture to monitor Baby A, Baby B and contractions.  But, Baby A was so low you can hardly see the band.  He was sitting on my right hip bone!

After monitoring me for a while, they told me that I was having more than just Braxton Hicks contractions.  They were actually very regular which was worrying them.  So, they gave me two shots of terbutaline to stop the contractions.  And they gave me the first steroid shot to develop the babies' lungs.

The next morning they let me leave the hospital and put me on strict bed rest.  They told me I could only get up to use the bathroom, take a shower and eat supper.  And that I had to lay on my side, completely flat.  They also told me that I had to come back on Wednesday night at 11:30 p.m. to get the second steroid shot in the butt :)

My new friend, Joyce, rolled me out to head home on Wednesday morning.

There's been a little bit of action since then - I'll have to post those details tomorrow.

But - for the most part, I've been laying in the bed and on the couch!


  1. Praying for you. Take care of yourself and those babies.


  2. You will be so glad you wrote this down! That first picture of you looks just like your sister!!! Hang in there JiJi!

  3. so glad everything is okay! I'll be praying! Bed rest is boring but SO SO SO WORTH IT!!! how many weeks are you?